So you have a PlayStation 3 and a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops II or FIFA13 and you’re all set up to go multiplayer online.
You definitely wish to have wireless communication with your team right Unlike the Xbox 360 or Wii, PS3 grants players access to a much wider market of communication solutions as it is Bluetooth enabled. You can turn most of the Bluetooth headsets into PS3 Bluetooth headsets, whether it be cheap, or expensive, etc, still having the capability to use it with your smartphone or laptop.
How to turn your Bluetooth headset into a PS3 Bluetooth headset
- Step 1: From the main menu of PS3 go to Settings – Accessory Settings – Register Bluetooth Device
- Step 2: Out of the two options you see Select Register Headset/Microphone/Headphones
- Step 3: Turn your Bluetooth headset on
- Step 4: Start Scanning on your PS3 and select your device and enter your pairing code (‘0000 default)
- Step 5: Go to Audio Device Settings from the PS3 menu and change your “Input Device” and “Output Device” to your Bluetooth headset name.
That’s it. If you want voice chat with others while playing press and hold down L3.
Tip: There are indeed PS3 Bluetooth headsets that feature custom PlayStation branding and gaming-specific features like
- Bluetooth Headset from Sony – It one of the best, most versatile and cost-effective Bluetooth solutions around that comes from the manufacture of PS3.
- Gioteck EX-02 Next-Gen – A low-cost alternative to Sony’s PS3 Headset
- PS3 Komodo Bluetooth Wireless Headset – Another Cheap PS3 Bluetooth Headset
For better gaming experience you have to go for those designed especially for it. Still, If you want to have a Bluetooth headset that you can use it for gaming as well as a voice call or music streaming needs you can have a look at our Bluetooth headset guide for information on how to choose the right headset.